Diamond Dead post their required Special Effects list
30th Nov 04
Even though George Romero had to put the project Diamond Dead on hold as he went off to film the fourth part of his zombie saga, Andrew Gaty is still busy beavering away on bringing Brian Cooper’s vision of a Rock’n’Roll zombie band to the screen, with Romero still very much expected to take the Director’s chair as soon as he has finished on Land of the Dead.
In the latest of his online diaries on the official site, Gaty has outlined his list of probable effects the film will need so that he can obtain a quote from Bavaria Studios-based company Scanline. Among some of the effects included on the list are (numbers in brackets indicate the page of the script);
1. First victim being clawed in the face, blood splattering. (1)
4. Shot of the audience drenched in slime and maggots. (37)
6. Lighting exploding around Aria as she holds scythe to the sky. (70)
8. Television exploding and the arc going into Dr. D and the band’s dead bodies, whom now jerk around violently. (72)
11. Aria hitting Dr. D and his head spinning around 180 degrees. (94)
13. Aria decapitating Death and his head bouncing around the stage, body collapsing. Aria throwing Death’s head to Bangz. (107)
For a full list of the special effects visit the official Diamond Dead website (WARNING: Spoilers!) for Andrew Gaty’s diaries, and question and answer forum and much more.
For earlier eatmybrains news stories on Diamond Dead, click here.