NB: THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED See our news story for winners details.
One of our favourite films of last year, not only for it’s amazing SFX, but also for it’s biting social commentary on contemporary Sth Korean life, Bong Joon-Ho’s The Host finally comes to UK DVD on 5th March on a two-disc special edition format (£17.99).
To celebrate the release, Optimum Asia have kindly given us five copies of the DVD to giveaway. To win a copy of this terrific monster mash of a movie, all you have to do is email us with your name, age and postal address, and the words THE HOST DVD in the subject line.
The competition will close on March 13th and we will select five winners at random the following day. Unfortunately, we can only accept entries from people in the UK or Eire and all winners must be 15 years or over.
Exhaustive extras for the DVD include; - Making-of with director Bong Joon-Ho
- Monster Gag Reel
- Audition tapes
- The Characters
- The creature making process: 5 sequences showing the process from animatrix to completion
- Creature stills gallery
- Bong Joon-Ho’s Direction
- The Production Team
- The Staff
- Saying Goodbye to The Host - production team and actors talk about finishing the film
- Memories of the sewer – talking about the difficulties of shooting inside the sewer
- The film departments - Set design, martial arts, props, agent yellow, bones and bodies
- Puppet animatronix
- Designing the creature
- Kevin’s Korean Life – Visual Effects Supervisor Kevin Raffertey’s experience of Korea,
- Physical Special Effects – Interview with Assistant Director
- Sound Effects
- Training the actors – archery lessons, gun training etc
- Creature animation – model-making and animation
- Deleted scenes
If you can’t wait until the competition closes, why not visit amazon.co.uk to buy this great DVD.
From the director of Memories of Murder comes Bong Joon-Ho’s THE HOST, a fantasy monster movie, which expertly mixes humour and horror. On its release in its native Korea it broke box office records, taking the opening weekend record and the highest single-day admissions ever
On the banks of the Han River, a crowd gathers to watch an unidentified object hanging onto a bridge. In an instant, the object reveals itself as a terrifying creature, turning the riverbank into a gruesome sea of blood.
Amid the chaos, a little girl, Hyun-seo is snatched up by the creature right before her father, Gang-du’s eyes. After receiving a mobile phone call from his daughter confirming that she has miraculously survived, the once-ordinary citizen Gang-du and his family decide to wage war against the creature, despite both the Korean authorities’ and U.S. army’s every efforts to stop them.