Attention all you aspiring horror film makers. Celebrating the release of The Last Horror Movie on May 13 (see review here), Tartan Films have teamed up with Julian Richards the director of the film and are offering a fantastic prize: YOUR own film could be included as an extra on the DVD release of THE LAST HORROR MOVIE (released on Tartan Video October 2005).
But here comes the real killer - the winner will not only have their film included on the DVD but they will be working with Julian Richards on his next production!
All you have to do to take part in this competition is make your own short horror movie and submit it to us by Thursday June 30th.
The criteria are ORIGINALITY, SCARINESS, SUBVERSIVENESS, HUMOUR. The winning short will be selected by a prestigious jury consisting of: Julian Richards (director THE LAST HORROR MOVIE), Hamish McAlpine (Owner of Tartan Films/Tartan Video and producer of films such as ED GEIN, BUNDY and THE HILLSIDE STRANGLER), Sam Dunn (General Manager of Tartan Video) and Alan Jones (Journalist, Horror Specialist and Programmer of Fright Fest).
For more information log onto www.thelasthorrormovie.co.uk (live soon)
Terms and conditions.
1. The competition runs from Monday 9th May until midnight June 30th.
2. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over.
3. All short films entered must be no longer than 5mins. Any entries over 5mins will not be eligible for this competition.
4. You are the sole author of, or the absolute legal and beneficial owner of all rights of copyright in the material, free from any right or interest of any third party conditional or otherwise.
5. Entries will be accepted on the following formats: DVD, Mini DV, DV Cam. All entries sent on other formats will not be eligible.
6. No person or animal must suffer any harm during the recording the film.
7. The judges' decision is final.
8. There is no cash alternative to the main prizes.
9. The winner will be notified via e-mail onŠno later than 4 weeks after the closing date of the competition.
10. All entries must be sent to:
Last Horror Movie Short
27-28 Poland Street
11. No responsibility will be taken by Tartan Films, Tartan Video or Julian Richards for any tapes/DVD's etc lost in the postal system.
12. By submitting your entry you consent to, and have obtained all necessary consents for, all or any part of the production being reproduced by Tartan Video and/or any other parties authorised by Tartan Video, and therefore to the inclusion of your production on the THE LAST HORROR MOVIE dvd, should your's be the winning short film.
Get the inside track on horror film making on the opening day, Friday 13th May 2005, as Julian Richards will be holding a Q&A session after the main evening screening at Odeon Panton Street (tickets can be booked on 0871 22 44 007).
THE LAST HORROR MOVIE: The fine line between fiction and reality is blurred when a serial killer uses a horror video rental to lure his next victim.
What begins as a teen slasher, transforms into a dark and disturbing journey through the mind of Max Parry, a mild mannered wedding photographer with a taste for human flesh.
9th Apr 05 Why anyone likes this film is beyond me. Perhaps, if it was a childhood late night experience on TV, then I could maybe understand someone having a soft spot for it. With an excellent cast that includes...
Trollogy Night 9th Sep 09 Trolls, goblins and creepy killer plants, tonight's line-up includes the world's Best Worst Movie ever made - fact!