Details of Event Horizon's 2 Disc Special Collector's Edition
18th Oct 06
Pretty good pack shot eh? It's great when distributors really make an effort with some original packaging, and the 2-disc Special Collector's Edition of Event Horizon actually looks pretty ace, both in packaging and disc content.
Paramount Home Entertainment release this package (based on the Event Horizon ship) on October 23rd priced at £15.99 with an exclusive collector’s booklet and discs loaded with hours of extra features including five making of documentaries, and a feature on The Unseen Event Horizon with director commentaries (for full details, scroll down below).
Just in case you didn't know, Event Horizon, originally released in 1997, is an entertainingly intense, blood-and-gore soaked sci-fi thriller starring Lawrence Fishburne and Sam Neil in outer space. We like it. We want the disc set...
It is the year 2047. Seven years have passed since the mysterious disappearance of Event Horizon, a spaceship that was sent to explore the outer limits of our solar system. Now it is the time for a terrifying rescue mission that will find the ship and bring back the survivors… if any.
DISC 1: - COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR PAUL W.S. ANDERSON AND PRODUCER JEREMY BOLT
DISC 2: - ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER (2:25)
- VIDEO TRAILER (1:45)
- SECRETS WITH SELECTABLE DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
- DELETED BRIEFING SCENE (2:46)
- EXTENDED MEDICAL BAY SCENE (0:52)
- EXTENDED BURNING MAN CONFRONTATION (6:18)
- THE MAKING OF EVENT HORIZON - 5 DOCUMENTARIES
- INTO THE JAWS OF DARKNESS (14:43)
- THE BODY OF THE BEAST (22:53)
- LIBERATE TUTEME EX INFERNIS (20:01)
- THE SCALE TO HELL (18:45)
- THE WOMB OF FEAR (27:11)
- THE UNSEEN EVENT HORIZON WITH DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
- THE UN-FILMED RESCUE SCENE (2:55)
- CONCEPTUAL ART (3:50)
- THE POINT OF NO RETURN: THE FILMING OF EVENT HORIZON WITH DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
- THE REVOLVING CORRIDOR (1:50)
- THE CREW GATHERS (1:13)
- SHOOTING WIRE WORK (1:13)
- THE DARK INSIDE (3:26)
21st Mar 05 A strange goofball comedy hybrid that’s both bizarre and brilliant. Spouting from the mind of first time writer / director Jun-hwan Jeong, the film mixes genres such as kidnap drama, thriller, screwball...